The Queen Sirikit National Convention Center (QSNCC) with its state-of-the-art architectural design is Thailand’s leading venue. Planned with all kinds of events in mind, the venue is at the forefront of sustainability thanks to its environmentally friendly design and use of the latest technological innovations.
LOCATION AND TRANSPORTATION
QSNCC is located at the heart of the Bangkok’s Business District. Access is convenient thanks to a walkway connecting the MRT (Metropolitan Rapid Transit), Queen Sirikit National Convention Center station to the venue’s lower ground floor and its proximity to a bus station. The journey to QSNCC will leave no carbon footprint as the venue offers such modern facilities as car pool parking, electric car chargers, bicycle racks, and shower rooms to support those who opt for other sustainable transportation options.
QSNCC is committed to being an industry leader in sustainability and is mindful of our impact on the environment. All systems such as lighting, water, HVAC, indoor air quality and cleaning have been designed to reflect our policy and green operating practices.
- Sunlight reflection is minimized through the use of light colors for the pavements and roof surfaces.
- Up-lighting and light trespass are also minimized so as to limit skyglow and disturbance to surrounding area.
- Natural light and ventilation are maximized throughout the facility.
The QSNCC has installed water-efficient fixtures that allow it to reduce water consumption by 45% and uses low-flow water fixtures throughout the building to minimize water usage. The venue is designed to minimize the demand on water supply for its green spaces through the use of a drip irrigation system and water recycling. The exterior landscaping also utilizes drip lines to maximize effectiveness and minimize water usage.
The QSNCC is an exceptionally energy efficient facility. Energy usage is measured in real-time and tracked to identify issues and highlight opportunities for savings.
- Measurement and Verification (M&V) of energy savings is implemented to promote and maintain resource efficiency and meet environmental objectives, as well as to make a significant contribution to environmental sustainability through the use of BAS and smart building control metering and monitoring.
- 5,400 sq.m of solar panels have been installed on the rooftop to serve as a renewable energy source in the area.
- Induction LED lighting has been fitted in all exhibit halls, which has reduced energy consumption.
- Different lighting scenes in the lobby and retail hall are scheduled to maximize the use of natural light.
Construction Pollution Control
- Pollutant from the construction site are prevented.
Construction Waste Management
- More than 75% of construction waste is diverted from landfill.
- Consideration is given to air quality management.
- Air contamination from dust and chemicals in building interior during construction is prevented.
The “WELL” BUILDING STANDARD
Beauty and Mindful Design
- Thai cultural characteristics are reflected and Thai public art and history are represented in the interior design and the decor.
- Visual connection with Benjakitti Forest Park is achieved through landscaping.
- Open-air amphitheater creates quality public gathering space.